Monday, October 29, 2012

My Reasoning Why We Need Romney 4 President

When selecting the candidate for whom I will vote for, I typically have a few criteria’s that I consider strongly. The candidates moral values, their experience and what issue is best for me at the present moment that I most align with.


Every year since I can recall, there has been the “Social Issues” that come into play and debate: abortion, gay rights/marriage, immigration, discrimination, religion, environment and education. I sometimes believe that candidates or political parties tend to place fear in voters when it comes to these issues.

Every election we have the candidates basically making the same promises of change, fixing this or that, or ‘cleaning up Washington’. Each blames the others parties or previous administration for the mess the country is in. To me it’s the same rhetoric every election cycle. Like a scratched record playing over and over the same line.

So this election year, I’ve been particularly perplexed. I knew early on I was not an Obama supporter. I didn’t vote for him 4 years ago and have not been impressed with him these last 4 years. He’s been more of a disappointment to me. I also was not a big Romney supporter either early on. He was not my clear favorite running in the Republican Primary earlier in the year. However, once it became apparent that he was the Republican nominee, I had to look at him more as a serious candidate.

As an Independent voter, I take great pride and responsibility in casting my vote for the correct candidate in every election. I base my decision on the candidate and issues, not on a party line or party platform. I don’t vote straight along any party line. In fact, 4 years ago, I voted for candidates in three different parties in various offices they were running for. I like a sampling of every party in every office, forcing working relationships for the betterment of all citizens.

I consider myself well educated on many issues. I can easily hold a discussion on any variety of issues, current and former. I enlighten my knowledge by watching news of various stations and views. I read articles, op-ed pieces, blogs on issues and candidates. I consider myself an active, informed voter.

As I stated in the beginning, there are social issues that are talked about every election. I firmly believe that those same social issues will be around every election. Social issues are the catalyst for what makes our country diverse. We will always have disagreements with family members, friends, neighbors, co-workers when it comes to social issues. Somehow, social issues always head to our judicial system and seem never-ending. Because of this, I’ve come to realize, I hardly vote on social issues lately. This is not to say that social issues aren’t important to me, they are very important, just that they don’t personally affect my decision any longer in my vote as other issues currently do.

Watching our world change, our technology advance, our financial institutions struggle, wars, terror, uprising in various countries, the continued hate directed at the United Stations from foreign leaders and groups, along with seeing our personal individual liberties being slowly taken away by government control, I have learned that voting in regards to both my personal safety and financial safety are the deciding factors in my selecting a candidate.

After my slight hesitation and slow warming up to Mitt Romney these last few months, even weeks, I have concluded that he would be the better candidate to lead our country in a better direction for the next 4 years. I also conclude that he is best suited to work on turning our spiraling economy around, helping my financial safety or security in the long run.

I know there are many people that don’t like Romney for his various views on certain issues, but I implore people to consider first your financial safety this election. We have all seen the rising cost of gas, food, every day living. I doubt many of us can say that we have seen more money in our pockets, bank accounts or come in to us than we have spent on the increase of goods and cost of living these last 4 years.

Yes, social issues are important, but financial issues should trump those issues that will be constantly debated every year, every election, every time, in every judicial way allowed.

I won’t disparage President Obama, though there are many things I can say about him, but I will simply say that I truly believe it was his time 4 years ago to show the country and the world that we could elect a black man president, I am proud that I lived in that momentous moment in history. Now his time has passed, his opportunity has diminished and his leadership is called into question. The “Hope for a New Change” happened 4 years ago on a social issue-race.

Now we need a “hope and change” in our economy and dire financial situation-a fiscal issue should be what our vote is about this election.

Mitt Romney has the skills and leadership I firmly believe to change this.

The beauty of our Constitution and Country is that if Romney doesn’t do in 4 years, we move onto another person. Why wait 4 more years with our current President with the “hope” he can fix something he couldn’t do these last 4 years?

Ask yourself, at your job, if you couldn’t do the job right for 4 years, would your employer keep you on 4 more years with the ‘hope’ you can do the job right or would they let you go and bring in someone else to try?

Let’s fix our economy….Let’s give Mitt Romney a chance.

No comments: